Thorheim The Silent, Alastor Chosen

Begonnen von Thorheim, Februar 18, 2014, 00:02:44

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Thorheim

I think it's the right place, if not, feel free to move to the correct forum.

It's been a long time since the last time i posted, but now, after a lot of thinking and douting, finally i will really chaotise my armour, as i explained when i presented myself in the English corner. I will play a chaotic character, but i wont follow any of the four gods, i will follow alastor(it's from our larp group) a minor chaos god represented as a dragon, and wearing practicaly everything in green or black.

That's the armour i have.

And more or les, thats the idea, for the moment i wont modify the green tunic, maybe with time i will ad golden details, the black one, will probably be replaced by something more elaborated whith the alastor dragon or a chaos star maybe even it could be sustitued with mail or scalemail, and i will  add a sheep skin in my shoulders.

Practicaly all the golden details will be real metal(i dont know how is said the metal thats golden but it's not gold) only those that are flutes in the armour will be painted.

And, now i begun with the pics of how the project is going:

With one more alastor dragon it will be finish(it's the logo that is repeated 3 times)

Everything is cold forged, 1mm for the stel, and 0,25mm for the golden metal(in the rest of the armour i will try 0,8 or something like that), it is my first armour piece and im really proud XD

I know that you leave drachenfest a pair of years ago, but if some of you are plannig to go, i'm trying to convince the "monguer lance"(an aliance of catalan groups that go to drachenfest) to try the chaos camp.
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Lucan

HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

https://soundcloud.com/lucinator82/

Ozar far Darhan

Hüter der Schriften von Zann
Wer Wind sät, wird Sturm ernten!

Thorheim

Thanks!

I didn't aked this couse i didnt think of it, but, how do you normally solve the problems with the horned helmets? i mean, i wont put real horn for safety(in catalonia we fight alot, and we fight hard, so, a horn thike the one on the foto will probably end in the eye of someone XD), the only option tha remains(i think, maybe there are others that i didnt know) is to make the with foam and latex, but with a rigid soul or not?(how the hell i make a curved soul?).
And if someone have a helmet like mine(bascinet) where do i put the horns to be able to move the visor? if it's in the sides like in the foto, i would be too up o too down, couse i have the pivot of the visor, and if i atach them to the fron of the visor, when i open the visor, the will point to the eyes of those allies that are in the second line.
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Lucan

Usually we use horns made of foam. We do them ourselfs, but in germany we have some talented artist so we also have a chance to buy great horns.

Do protect horns from beeing dragged of the helmet we use large magnets to attach the horns. just wrap the magnet into leather so it wont tear out. the foam wont be strong enough to hold the magnet, but if you stick the leather to the foam, its ok.

when someone hits youre helmet he wont destroy the horns, the horn will just fall apart and you can return it after combat. you could also make a small socket for the horn so it will look more naturally, like one piece.
hope it helps!
HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

Gryndal Styrkaarson

Magnets is an option, but i would combine Magnet + a socket out of a firm material, so the horn stay in the right angle, but still go of if to much force is put against them.

For the visor Problem, just stay near or below the point where the Visor is fixed at the helmet.
I would take a small part out of the visor, and put the horn on the lower side.
i triy to make you a painting

Orga / Ansprechpartner Forum&Homepage

Gryndal Styrkaarson

not good but maybe you get the idea

if yours is similar to this one you dont even have to take a part out, just if the virsor, goes far back, and would colide with the horn base

Orga / Ansprechpartner Forum&Homepage

Thorheim

It's an option to put the horns like that, but i like them more pointing up, it makes you taller, and more badass i think, but i dont find a way to put them permiting to move the visor and look cool.

The only way that convinces me is to atach them to the visor, but it will probably be ugly when i dont wear the visor down(normaly i don't put the visor, it limites to much the vision) so i'm douting...

Also the plume it looks beautifull, but i dont know if it woud be to impractical(i imagine the hair in my eyes.....), for the visor, it's not a real ploblem, i cant put it without interfering with the visor movement.
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Lucan

Maybe you could make the horns bigger, attach them at the point gryndal did in his painting and let them point up?

you could try to make a prototype with some hard paper, pizza boxes or something like that. just to see how it would fit and what size you need
HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

Thorheim

I'm trying diferent options with my helm and a drinking horn, but none of them look good, if i put the horns in the helmet itself, it shoud be down the hinge, but with my helm that means practically the neck, and if i put them upside the hinge, they shoud be in the back to permit the articulation of the visor, and it dosent looks well.
For the moment i wont put horns(they can be added whenever i want), but if i put them, the only option is to put them in the visor).

I have this helmet, a litle more ussed XD

Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Shikras/Vuulgrid

I like the Helmet.
Maybe som insperation for you.
I Like the Nurgle Hemets with  One Horn or Blade.

or Maybe something like this

Der Ursfjord vergibt nicht.

ÉG RÍF YKKUR Í BITA!

Thorheim

The shop where I buy metal, ask me 260? for a sheet of brass(thats enough money to buy an armour!!!).......i will try to ask in more shops....but if this is the normal price, i will have to use another option, maybe golden leather, or try  to find worbla.

From all these option, tho only one i think i would be capable of doing, is to add only a plume, I don't like helmets with one horn, every time i see one i think in unicorns....and that's no badass XD

Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Shikras/Vuulgrid

Ah ok
When you dont like Uniscorns... thats a good Reason

Der Ursfjord vergibt nicht.

ÉG RÍF YKKUR Í BITA!

Lucan

Worbla is currently the favoured stuff for our people i think. Its pretty usefull for details. You should give it a try :)
HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

Thorheim

After a week of visiting a lot of shops, I've finally found a sheet of 0,8mm of brass big enough to decorate all the armour(for what i found the 260? the fist shop said me was a lot more than the normal price XD) and real brass rivets(not the leather ones, those that are solid).

For painting the armour what's better, normal acrilics painted with brush, sprays...?

Here's the what i've done for the moment:

Edit: first one finished.

Ehre dem monguerlance!!