Thorheim The Silent, Alastor Chosen

Begonnen von Thorheim, Februar 18, 2014, 00:02:44

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Lucan

What kind of Armor you want to dye? Leather or Metal?
HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

https://soundcloud.com/lucinator82/

Thorheim

For the moment i will only paint metal, maybe with time i change que leather straps fon green ones, but for that i have tint made specificaly for that.
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Lucan

ok if you wanna paint on metal first rub the armor with some sandpaper.
for the paintjob iam not sure whats the english name for that kind of color... could it be a varnish?
i mean a sturdy dye for the prime color. The "Wash"effect (used look) we usually create with tinting. Regular colors you could also use to paint the walls of your appartement. Thats because you need to mix it with water and you need to  rub it off with a sponge after it startet to dry. that wouldnt work with the varnish.

i hope you can follow me... if my english is to bad, maybe i could do a small tutorial video, but that would have to wait until may, when i come back to my workshop
HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

Thorheim

It woudn't be nescessary a video, more or less I understand how it should be done, but I dont know what kind of paint are you talking about, for me, varnish is the transparent thing you aply after painting to protect it.
So you  are talking about waterbased paints? alcohol base? something special for metals?
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Lucan

yes there is a transparent varnish, but there is also colored varnish. what type of paint do you use to paint a car? or paint a metal fence for your garden? isent that a colored varnish?
it should be a strong paint, i dont think its waterbased and you cant even mix it with water.
it should protect the armor from water.

something like this
http://www.hammerite.de/produkt/metallschutzlack-hammerschlag/
iam not sure if they sell this outside of germany, but i used this for my first armor as prime color. the green had a pretty cool look.
HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

Thorheim

Ok, more or less i know what shoud i look for, the problem was more of the translation;
Barniz(spanish, the transparent thing only)-varnish(something more general, mayby with the same base or something like that, i dont know)
And paint for cars, or fences in spanish it's "esmaltes"(i dont know if it have a translation)
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Lucan

HDC Head Orga

Obermopser

Thorheim

It's been a long time since the last time I post, and it's a shame but since the last time I posted I've done nothing to my costume.....but it doesn't mean i've done nothing at all, becouse 5 and 6 of april, my clan organized our first event, Legends of Alastor: beers tournament, and i ended doing a lot of atrezzo, like tombstones, or and altar to our god. We ended buying tunics and kuklux klan hoods for our chaos sect, 6 tunics like mine and ten hoods, the bad news is that a have no fotos of any of the sectaries beacuse they attaked the "village" at the night and the photographer was busy helping at the tavern.
I've waited some time to post this, hopping to have fotos of the finished atrezzo, but 3 weeks later i still havent fotos of thinks like the altar or the tombstone of the chaos champion(it was something like balin's tomb in lord of the rings).
We've got a lot of work to organize the event, but it worth it, it was bigger than wat we spected, we got something like 80 players, 10 NPCs and 10 organizers...yes, this in germany woud be a little event but in spain the haven't been anithing with more than 150-200 players.

Here's the photos;

First of all the chaos champion;

A mix of some of the atrezzo we build:

And the altar(in the foto, it isn't finished):

We've build a lot more thinks, but they have nothing to see with chaos, so i will not post them here, if you wana have a look, here you have the facebook album.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.778159842197096.1073741838.445040902175660&type=1
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Thorheim

Anybody knows how to age mail?(its coted in zinc)
Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Gryndal Styrkaarson

there a two "easy" ways.

First is painting, so give it a weathered effekt with washes and small details.
Tabletopplayers have a lot of tips regarding this.

Second is removing the coating, and spray it with saltwater and vinegar.
After its rusting, remove the rust partly

Orga / Ansprechpartner Forum&Homepage

Skallgrim/Emek

Use the vinegar, paint always comes off due to the movement of the chainmail.

Jengyr

I heard about people using cheap red wine to give it some kind of tan.
Can`t confirm this effect personally, though.
Hier hört dich keiner schreien, Skaerhora
Deine Freunde sind schon alle tot!

Norse Plünder-theme.

Gadz

Blutpack

Zitat von: AqshNüt gseit isch gnug globt

Thorheim

A bit late, but finally I have a chaos armour! I've been waiting last 3 weeks for good fotos of Clan Wars(hopping they have a good photo of me in my armour, but the waiting can be eternal...it took them almost 1 year for last year Clan Wars...) So here you have some bad quality photos.....

It isn't finished yet, still need work in some pieces, i want to add more details, want to built more armour, want to change pieces, need a lot of work with clothes....but for me it begis to look good.

The armour as it is now:

And some Wip photos:

Ehre dem monguerlance!!

Thorheim

A lot has happened since the last time I pass by this forum, and finally looks like things are starting to work.

I have an armor that despite not being even 50% complete, people loves so much that many are beginning to "chaotice" their gear. We are organizing various groups to go all over and hopefully for next summer in clan wars (the biggest event of Catalonia) we will see a whole side dressed properly as chaos!

The orga Gave us a whole new camp, with nice looking gates, we still have to work hard to decorate along with banners, trophies, siege weapon ... but it's a very good start.

I have convinced most of my clan to buy or make a equipment similar to mine, so we now have light equipment of followers of chaos (long robe with hood, pointed hood (kuklux klan style), sheep skin cape .... )

Also, last drachenfest halve of the catalans joined the chaos camp as fallen templars, and we plan to be there another time this year with more people and better outfits(I did all my templar gear in the bus and once there...).

And now, talking about how I have my costume: I rethought everything I had planned because I now work at a larp workshop (prop corn) and I can do things that previously seemed impossible to me.

Since the last time I posted I've hardly advanced in costume,becouse during the summer we haven't stopped at the store, but if all goes well, after christmas i will get to it.

And finally I leave a couple of pictures of my armor like it's now (forget the googles, I put them on for a steampunk event with other ornaments just not seen in photo). And all the new designs for my PJ, I've also planed on building new metal armour for the legs, bigger than the current ones, more in the style of warhammer space marines.

That foto was taken maybe 3 months ago, so now it looks much better with all the scratches an so.

I want the armor to look like fallen angels from w40k but in a chaotic medieval way, so, even when horns look so badass I will try with wings, I have no idea if it will look good on not....

The next 3 photos are what I'm planning as my two handed weapon, imagine a pole with that temple think on top. Each of the angels represents one of the seven original members of my clan.

I'm planning on doing a new belt with new sheaths and bags, all made with the same scheme, green with details in gold. it includes all I need; holy book, axe sheath, a bag, a scroll case for carrying water, a sword sheath(maybe I need to rethink it, because I'm planning on buying the "dark angel sword" from calimacil(http://www.calimacil.com/baz247.html).

The belt itself will be maybe 10cm width, all carved with letters in gold. in the middle it will have a "chapel" three arches with three angels, I drawn it a little too small, the size will be halfway between the image and what the guy in the right is wearing. Also I will put something hanged with chains, maybe an incense burner. And finally, a dagger sheath.

This is only some ideas, didn't like any of them....That think will be on the top of the banner with led candles....scroll down and you'll understand...

The banner itself, I have no idea how to do it...but I will do it! It will be as big as it can be without weighting to much, the ideal will be a 1mx60cm banner or something like that.

And for the last pic, you have what I think will be the better looking piece im planning, it will be a gorget similar to the sigmar priest, with two braziers(able to hold smoke bombs o led candles) like sisters of battle, the banner, a sheepskin, an angel in front.....yea....it will be a lot of work....but it will look so cool! it will be similar to this (https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9iFTUFumu68/VFeOYBmZjPI/AAAAAAAAA5Q/0cctgD5TVCg/w329-h647-no/Dark_Angel_by_andreauderzo.jpg)

Ehre dem monguerlance!!